Wednesday, July 11
from Orticanoodles...
I’m Orticanoodles,



I live and work in Milan, which is the place of my street-art propaganda.
The first stencils with some attitude hit the streets in 2005; they were quite
different from the ones I make now and not only from a technical standpoint…
subjects were koy carps which, being so coloured, are suitable for a pictorial
treatment, colourful backgrounds and interactions between spray and brush.
I have never made writing, I don’t know why I started pasting carps in the
street but it was fun and I’m still learning a lot: it suddenly became
something I have devoted myself to.
Now I spend a lot of time on it, my stencils are getting cleaner and bigger. I
mainly paint legally in jams or authorized events, I want to do things
properly, I don’t care about vandalism, I don’t like tags all over the places,
the only illegal thing I do is poster affiche.
Shepard Fairey is my favourite street artist, his style surprises me all the
time. I also like very much Logan Hicks’ stencils.
I have spent a lot of time preparing new stencils for difusor and after long
solitude and silence now I’m looking forward to having fun with my x-acto,
working with and meeting as many people as possible: this will be a dream come
true.
In the future I’ll participate in all possible events as I always find the right
attitude for working and sharing experiences with no police problems. I have got
stopped by the police several times while pasting up, it’s not a big deal in
Milan, the city is pretty well covered with posters and the police knows street
art: once they ascertain posters do not convey political messages, they let you
go.
Recently in Milan there have been two illegal events in abandoned industrial
sites, Whereis101 and Whereis107, where everybody was invited to participate:
they have been wonderful days, something like a street art fairground (the
police too let us work!). I wish other events like these will come soon.
I must say that in Milan things are not so bad, media and town authorities too
are trying to promote this kind of artistic expression: it’s a good moment for
street art!

Now I have to get back to my stencil...

Ciao. See you soon,

Orticanoodles









www.orticanoodles.com

Labels:

1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Big Up Ortica!!!!!!!!!!!